Friday, March 25, 2011

Sing Out Loud, Sing Out Strong

Today was a pretty good day, if I do say so myself.

It started out with a trip to Universal to see my friend Sam's awesome Jaws show (or should I say Captain Jake's Amity Boat Tour?) with Laura. We didn't stay at the park long, partially because it was hot and partially because I mentioned getting slurpees and after that, all we could think about was getting slurpees.

So, we left and ventured to the nearest 7-Eleven. Slurpees in hand, we drove home and rocked out to some 90's pop (think Britney, Backstreet Boys, 'Nsync, etc.) After getting off the highway, we opened the windows to enjoy the breeze. However, we didn't adjust our rocking out...

...and then Kelly Clarkson comes on crooning "A Moment Like This" and we were gone. We start soulfully singing along, cheesy hand-choreography included. After Kelly (and Laura and I) sing and motion "One special kiss," I look to my right to the car next to us and see a kid (maybe 12, 13), staring out the window, gaping at us and then telling the rest of his car to look at us. I pause for a moment, being caught doing something pretty embarrassing, but then I thought what the heck, and kept going.

That kid kept his head out the window to look at us until he was out of sight.
We're cool.

Oh, and if you want to get an idea of what he looked like, see below.





Yup.

1 comment:

  1. You DO rock! Love you! Had a great time on your visit. Too bad you're missing the roar of the race car engines now! :-)

    ReplyDelete