Wednesday, August 17, 2011

On the road

I am currently sitting at the Phoenix airport waiting for my final flight that will take me to Salt Lake. I've been up since 6 and will have touched down in 4 different time zones before I'm through traveling. Since I have all this free time (and the only food place around me is Pizza Hut), I thought I'd catch up with my blogging.

So sit back, relax, and enjoy the word vomit.

To start us off, I thought that I'd list my favorite things about flying. Since I pretty much hate traveling (I will be the first person to sign up for teleportation whenever that happens), I thought this would be a good "count your blessings so you don't go crazy moment."

Things I love about traveling:
1. The final descent of the plane: I love watching the landscape becoming more detailed--seeing mountains, lakes, little cars and houses in far better detail than you could ever see on google earth.

2. Touchdown: the wheels' first contact with the runway is my favorite. You're there! You're finally there!

3. I guess the in-flight beverages are pretty good.

4. When you're lucky enough to travel with friends or family, a trip miraculously becomes an adventure: I've done my fair share of flying by myself. Back and forth from Albany every six weeks to finish up my orthodontia, flying to school and home again, visiting family, it goes on and on. On those rare occasions when I get to have a travel buddy or-gasp!-several, it's the best feeling in the world.

5. The possibilities at the start of a trip, or the relief of coming home at the end.

I think 5 is pretty good for now. Also, I can't think of any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment